TRAVELS FROM A TIME GONE BY













I used to spend many weekends browsing flea-markets and antique shops with my Dad, so I suppose part of the reason I've been posting so much old stuff is because I miss that. There are a few memories that stick out very vividly. Smells of varnish, the rich scent of freshly sanded oregon pine and my worst...moth balls. One of the first memories I have was of spending hours in our garage on this one particular piece. An old yellowwood table he picked up from a rural school. It was covered in drawing pins and staples. It turned out to be such a great piece in the end. Amazing rich colour and full of character. On another occasion a couple of years ago, we were at a local market and I stopped to browse an old photo album with a few old photos still inside. On asking how much it was the lady behind the counter said I could have it for free. These are some of the photos I found. They're travel photos from Greece and Egypt.

1 comment:

Nadia Jonker said...

Great post - I can imagine all you described. There was a time that the people on that holiday were having an amazing time, snapped photos, took time to put them in an album...probably showed family and friends. It just makes me think of how time passes...
Okay...probably reading too much into other people's old stuff :-)