031 COLLECTION: AMANDA LAIRD CHERRY






The 031 collection which took place this past weekend in Durban, was a complete success. Hot fashion, great atmosphere and all round fun. Each seat in our section had a little take-away pack. Most of the items were for the ladies ( see nail polish, shades, make-up etc.) , but there was this one thing that caught my eye. Amanda Laird Cherry got small flyer / booklets printed. The story was made up but cool nonetheless. Seemed like she was the only designer to do so. I liked them purely for that reason. It's the same reason I liked the Holmes Bros range the most. They chose to use regular joes and those with a bit of quirk, instead of clean-cut chiseled schmodels. Anyway I digress. I dig the illustration and typography, mostly as I was a bird-watcher in my youth, ( Okay go ahead and laugh. I got to hang with my Dad in the bush, and go on road-trips so it was great fun actually ) but also because the design was beautifully executed and sits well with her range. For those that don't know Amanda Laird Cherry is one of South Africa's foremost fashion designers. Her site is under construction but check out her Facebook page in the meantime.

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

gorgeous! Wish I could have made it, been great to live vicariously through twitter and blogger!

JP.Brouard said...

It was great. Was my first fashion show so didn't really know what to expect :)

Lauren said...

YAY! Jp thank you so much for posting about this, gosh I am chuffed!

So glad you are blogging again, have been missing your insight. Loved the 'before I was around post' so so much.

JP.Brouard said...

Thanks Lauren! Stoked to be blogging again. Seems like the "Before I was around" post is everyone's favourite.

Anonymous said...

no shame in bird watching. the great outdoors etc, i'm a big fan. only recently discovered your blog, good work.