BEFORE I WAS AROUND










My parents' anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, so I had a rummage through an old tin my mom has with a wad of old photos. I found these few of them together. Most of these were taken in 1973, so five years before I was born. It's sort of strange seeing them together in the photos though. No kids around, no house, no joys and sorrows the following years would bring. I often wish I could go back in time and hang out with them in those days that seem so carefree.

10 comments:

Genevieve said...

not sure why but this post made me so emotional. Such beautiful photographs, makes me want to go rummage my folks photo albums too.

Rich Phipson said...

yeah man.. got pretty emotional checking those out too! great collection, ur so lucky to have that peak into their pre-you lives!

JP.Brouard said...

Dig the kit they wearing too. Mom's little nautical number in pic 2 and the flare on my dad's pants in pic 6.

Clare said...

Love the quality of those 70s photos! Your parents look really in love, no wonder they're still celebrating anniversaries together.
I've been digging through my parents box of photos, too, and feel the way you do. It would have been great to have known them then.

JP.Brouard said...

Thanks guys.

Jennifer Young said...

wow. i can't believe how gorgeous these are. looks like a beautiful time but i'm sure their lives were enriched even more when you came into the picture :).
j.

Miss Moss said...

beautiful. it makes my heart ache even though i don't know you or your parents. weird how old photos can do that to you.

Daniella Rose said...

Love it :)

love made me do it said...

damn Jp you just totally made me cry. This is a beautiful post. It makes me wonder if our kids will one day look at our pictures that way. stay awesome my friend. x

JP.Brouard said...

Ah thanks Maike :) I hope our children do look at our photos in albums though and not just online :)