FANCY FONT FIND

I found this old 1950's lettering book on my bookshelf recently and can't remember where I got it from ( a present from Dad? a thriftshop find? ). It's highly intriguing and jam packed with typefaces and an artform we modern typesmiths are so far from yet in many ways, so close to. Those in the game sing a collective song of joy because today we have our trusty Macs that help us along the way.

My favourite from the book, a font called Pickard Tuscan Decorated below. Anyone else found any cool old school typography recently?

3 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

I have bought a few books like this over the past few years, because I just find them so intriguing! Sometimes I think it may be fun to frame some of the pages!

JP.Brouard said...

Wow I never thought of that. That's a great idea.

oli said...

Hi

I love that Typeface, can you mail me a higher

resolution scan for reference.

Many thanks

Oli

olivercarver@googlemail.com